Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Pinewood Princess

I was so happy to have uncovered these pictures while searching through files on my computer. My recent project illustrating for the Boy Scout Jamboral reminded me of the pioneer day float that I was able to art direct and participate in. The Pinewood Princess paid homage to the tradition of mothers helping their young cub scouts in their scouting merit badges. We wanted to design a pinewood derby car with a bit of a Nascar flair. Add two incredibly large cartoon headed figures and you just about have a float. Our ramp provided seating for young cub scouts to ride on the float in comfort. We also displayed some of the cub scout's larger than life pinewood derby cars. This all took place in July of '06. We had a great time, and we took home the Children's Choice Award from the Ogden Pioneer Day Parade Committee.




No comments: