Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Character studies 2009


This post has been almost a year in the making. The sketches shown are a sampling of quick daily character studies I've done in 2009. I've much enjoyed the daily effort of drawing someone's likeness and find now that I frequently analyze the facial features of those who cross my path. Red pencil sketches are all studies done without reference material and 12-24 hours after having done an initial study on a person's likeness. I have become fascinated with the mind and how it is able to remember features, shapes and form.


Becky



Tiffany, Lea, Diane, Jenna, Steve



Tiger, Justin, Matt, Shia, Napoleon, Ryan



Andre, Roger, Brooke



Sophia, Audrey


Brando and Will with and without reference. The Brando reference is one of my most favorite without reference sketch.



Shaq and Kobe.


Julia and Jessica. These are two of my first red pencil sketches without reference material. Likenesses are somewhat recognizable, but I don't particularly care for these sketches any longer.



Reese, Leo, Nadine, Raquel, Charlise, Janica



Obama, George



John, Karl, Michael, Yao, David


Bill and Dan. Dan's blue sketch is quite awful; however somehow I feel like I executed his likeness without reference material quite well in red the next day.



Selma, Lindsey, Joan, Sandra



Beyonce, Elisha, Adriana, Kirsten



Natalie, Eva, Eva, Alyssa, Jennifer, Halle



Jenny, Thandie, Penelope, Barbara, Michelle, Natalie



Ashton, Drew, Demi



Kiera, Hermoine, Ron



Ralph, Pat, Tom



Angelina, Brad



Kathy, Cindy



Megan, Evangeline, Walter, Michael



Simon, Ryan, Paula



Sean, Alicia, Mike, Terrell



Josh, Michael



Neil, Paul, Ed, Robert



Tom, Katie, Matthew, Sarah



George, Jack, Donald, Harrison, Conan, Deiter



Pat, Vanna, Alex, Jerry, Michael, Jason, Julia

No comments: